Donate Cryptocurrency to RACF
Why sell your cryptocurrency holdings and donate the after-tax remainder to charity when you can donate cryptocurrency directly to charity...
The Internal Revenue Service classifies cryptocurrency donations as property. Therefore, your contribution is tax-deductible to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Please consult your tax advisor who will advise you on your specific situation. Laws change frequently. Also, this material is for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, tax, legal or accounting advice.
THREE MAJOR BENEFITS
- Your tax deductible donation will equal the fair market value of the cryptocurrency donation.
- You will pay no capital gains tax on the gift.*
- RACF will receive the full value of your contribution to help children with rare diseases get groundbreaking American medical care.
Original purchase price: $10,000
Current Fair Market Value: $100,000
Federal long-term capital gains rate: 23.8%
(Assumes assets held more than one year and maximum rate of 20% + Medicare surtax of 3.8%)(State and local taxes may also apply)
Long Term Capital Gain: $90,000
($100,000 minus the original purchase price of $10,000)
Capital Gains Tax: $90,000 x 23.8% = $21,420
Donate $100,000 to RACF and save $21,420 in taxes.
*In order to deduct your cryptocurrency donation as a charitable deduction on your income tax return, please contact us via email with your full name and mailing address as it appears on your tax return.
We will provide you with a tax receipt reflecting the date and value of your generous gift of cryptocurrency.
- Click BTC – Bitcoin for Bitcoin donation address
- Click ETH – Ethereum for Ethereum donation address
- Click BCH – Bitcoin Cash for Bitcoin Cash donation address
- Click LTC – Litecoin for Litecoin donation address
- Click ZEC – Zcash for Zcash donation address
- Click GUSD – Gemini dollar for Gemini dollar donation address